Peace Corps is not a Christian organization, and my views in this post in no way reflect the beliefs of the Peace Corps but as my own beliefs.
Shortly after accepting my invitation for Peace Corps South Africa I sat down and created a prayer list for my time leading up to my service. (I am sure most of these things will not change once I am actually serving, but some will no longer be applicable.)
Since the Bible says: “I also tell you this: If two of you agree here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you.” Matthew 18:19 (NLT) I ask for those who would like to pray with me for these things.
- Travel Safety
- Clarity for Packing
- My future host families
- My future host community
- My fellow new Peace Corps Volunteers
- My in-country support staff
- Open-mindedness and open-heartedness (I don’t think that’s a word) for myself
- Safety in South Africa
- My health
- My family that I am leaving
- My youth group/church that I am leaving
- Political peace in South Africa
I will hopefully be updating this list!
Also, I want to say thanks to everyone who has already been super supportive and wonderful to help me during this transition to the unknown!
Love, Hannah 🙂